Let us, for a second, pretend that I am Asher Roth. No, I’m not 100% sure who he is either. But he did sing/rap/say that one song called I Love College, am I right? I’m right. Just call me Asher.
That blog post last night was awfully crazy I wish we retweeted it.
In the life of a blogger, man, I wanna make it.
Drink my coffee and check my feed;
All of my blends, they’re all I need.
Wake up at five and pass out at ten;
Go out to eat, then Instagram.
Man I love blog school. And I love writing.
And I love Rita. I love blog school.
If anybody’s down for a music video collab, just say the word. I think I’m onto something here. And I think I’m a joy to work with, so there won’t be that musician drama.
I have a really exciting announcement that might only be exciting to me.
I’m going back to being self hosted! I sat down as part of my homework assignment yesterday and really, truly thought about some goals that I had for this here corner of the interwebs. And guys, they are WAY bigger than I anticipated. And I’ve faced the facts that they just aren’t going to happen with a free WordPress blog. I spent yesterday doing some research on hosting (speaking of: any faves I have to check out?), and as soon as I realized how much it was going to bite my bank account, I had to accept it.
I can use all of the help I can get with this process. I’ve mentioned Rita (aka. the Blog Genie) and her upcoming blog school before. Well, she’s got a scholarship giveaway going on right now. This is great because a) I have absolutely NO excuses and b) I’m totally familiar with
begging schools to give me money showing educational institutions how AWESOME I am. If you haven’t realized, you’re smack dab in the middle of my application. 😉
What would I hope to get out of blog school?
- I’ve got no organization or method to my madness. I wake up in the morning, try and edit photos, spill out a
witty and captivatingpost, comment on other blogs, tweet, and just pray it all works. I’d like to have my stuff together just a little tiny itty-bitty bit more.
- I want to make my blog have the perfect balance of professional and personal. I would love help with the professional part. Who better to help me out than The Blog Genie herself, teaching a man (da) to fish? If it looks pretty on top of all that, I’d be a happy blogger!
- Not going to lie, I’m dreaming that this place will be a place of income, no matter how tiny, to fuel my travel and my passions. It’s not my main goal, but it’s definitely a huge part of it. And I’ll be the first to admit that I am completely lost when it comes to that world.
- Some of my best friends came about through school. Being in a blog school environment will undoubtedly be a great place to find awesome relationships with other bloggers. I’m all about the relationships!
- Most of all, I want to have the confidence of a swaggy (it just came out…?) blogger. That’s something that can’t be taught, but the more I learn, the more I think I can actually do this. As my dad says: “It’s all about more tools in your toolbox!”
I don’t want to release my dream quite yet, because I’m not ready for that step. But I can promise you it will be exciting, (hopefully!) world-wide, and adventurous as all get out. I’m working out schooling/degrees/projects to help me achieve it. This blog could play such a pivotal role in the success, I’ve gotta shoot for this blog school scholarship too. What’s that quote about dreaming big? Oh yeah. DO IT.
P.S. There’s another way to enter it if you want! It’s a Facebook sweepstakes and takes about 23 seconds to enter. Check it out here!
Are you a big dreamer? Are you going to blog school? Most importantly, will you make a music video with me?